A big THANK-YOU to Sylvia Morice for nominating me for this Kreativ Blogger Award. Sylvia has received quite a few blogger awards, and no wonder. With more than 44,000 hits to her credit, and a kazillion followers – she continues to entertain and amuse us with her quirky perspective on life. If you like humour, you’ll love her blog – so be sure to check it out.
The rules of this award dictate that I have to share 10 facts about myself and then I have to nominate 10 other bloggers for this award – so here goes…
Ten facts about me:
- I have been married to the same wonderful guy for 31 years. He says it has given him the best 5 years of his life. 😉
- I am absolutely mad about cats – love cats, cannot get enough of cats. Did I mention that I love cats…?
- I’m pretty keen on dogs, too.
- Not so keen on bugs; bugs gross me out totally. Nope, definitely don’t like bugs…
- I’ve been a civil engineer for the past 31 years, and a civil engineering professor for the past 22.
- I live in western Canada (Alberta) but I grew up in eastern Canada (New Brunswick).
- Strangely, I’ve always wanted to be a backup singer in a country band – despite the fact that I am not all that keen on country music. I AM a backup singer in a little band that
tortures peopleplays at a seniors’ home. We do a lot of country tunes – after all, this is Alberta…
- I play the guitar (poorly), the ukulele (passably) and the fiddle (barely).
- I am a vegetarian in public and a vegan in private.
- Although I am an engineering professor – what I REALLY want to be when I grow up is a writer. I just finished my first novel and have started a second.
Now, here are 10 really terrific and creative blogs (in random order) that I think deserve the Kreativ Blog Award:
- Becoming cliché – If you’ve read any of my earlier posts – you’ve seen this mentioned. It’s a seriously funny blog – prepare to LOL a lot! In fact I just got stuck over there for a half hour reading old posts when I popped over to pick up this link…
- Life in the Boomer Lane – ditto for this one – totally hilarious – just had to spend some time over there, as well. (It’s gonna take a long time to finish writing this blog, I can tell.) Check out the one on how to be an 80 year old pole dancer first. It’s my current favorite.
- Ashley Jillian’s blog – quirky and humorous – not to mention informative! Check it out!
- First 50 – In this blog, Virginia DeBolt challenges us all to write 50 words on a specified word or phrase. I find it fascinating, but incredibly hard. Give it a try – or just read what others have posted – you’ll enjoy it, I’m sure.
- Reid Reid Reid – This is an eclectic blog that I’ve just found recently. One of my favorite recent posts was this one: Thing’s Stephen Harper Does to Seem Human.
- The Problem with Young People today is… I happened upon this blog by accident and I stayed up all night reading it. I drove my hubby crazy – with the glow of my iPod at 3 am and the jiggling of the bed as I tried to muffle my guffaws. Start with the Comment Policy and set aside a few hours before you start – you’ll need it.
- Post it Notes from My Idiot Boss – just funny…
- Grits and Purls – I especially love the recipes, and the stories behind the recipes.
- Better Explanations – a new blog with interesting science stuff…
- The Fiddle and Creel – great music! Check this one out – so intimidating to a beginner like me!
Of course I could go on – but many of my other favorites have already won! Hope you like these as much as I do!